israelian iran • 20260217_0159

Michel van der Burg

Source (instagram)

democracynow The Oscar-winning Palestinian director of “No Other Land” says his family has been attacked again by Israeli settlers, leaving his brother hospitalized and four members of his family arrested by the Israeli army.

Hamdan Ballal says the violence began on Sunday when Israeli settlers attacked his family’s home in the village of Susya in the occupied West Bank. Ballal says the settlers’ raid was led by the same man who previously attacked him last March, injuring his head and stomach, after Ballal’s film made global headlines for winning an Academy Award. Ballal says his brother called police, only to have solders from the Israeli army raid the home, attacking everyone inside.

The violence came hours after Israel’s government approved a plan to allow land registration in the West Bank for the first time since 1967, paving the way for Israel to annex more Palestinian lands. Israeli human rights groups warn the land registration process will facilitate the dispossession and displacement of Palestinians in violation of international law.

updated

20260217_0310